Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Week 5 May 2012



I had another follow up appointment today. My x-ray shows that there's now some haziness in the gap! And it's forming in the width of the neighboring metatarsals which is so neat. The doc gave me the go ahead to scrub away at my foot with some soapy water and my goodness it felt so good. I made sure to keep the fixator dry and then lotion-ed the rest of my foot. He also said for me to try and practice with putting more weight on my foot. I tried a little last week but it was pretty nerve-racking. He elaborated on the sturdiness of the fixator and reassured me that it's not gonna cause any damage.

My foot still looks discolored but there's no pain. It looks like I'm bruised but there's no pain to the touch.  It's also pretty swollen still, hopefully that will go down soon to make it easier to plant my foot on the ground.

All in all the doc says I'm doing great and all we need to do is wait for more growth. As for the bone stimulator the girls at the office are working with my insurance company for approval. We'll see how that goes!


No comments:

Post a Comment