Thursday, May 3, 2012

April 2012 Week 3


My third follow up appointment was on Day 20. At this point my brachytoe has surpassed my pinky toe after 12 days of continuous distraction. The gap in the xrays is getting bigger and bigger! I still had the horrible pains but the painkillers kept it at bay. The doc instructed me that I can now start cleaning the wound with peroxide and betadine using q-tips and fresh gauze daily. This part is painless. Here is the pic for week 3.



I logged into my insurance website to see if my surgery explanation of benefits was available. It was! It showed as recently finalized at over $10K total billed charges.

As this is still recently finalized I'm not sure what my share is since I have not received a bill. 


**Update**
I finally got a bill in the mail, my share is just under $500. I paid my deductible at the surgery center on the day of surgery so that was separate. 

***Update Update***
Since my last update I have received more bills in the mail. The biggest is for the actual surgery center @  $40k. So in total the bills for the surgery center, the anesthesiologist, the anesthesiologist assistant, the surgeon (my doc), a surgeon assistant, the crutches and the darco shoe comes out to over $54,000 before insurance with my share at less than $1,000. Good thing I have insurance O__O.






1 comment: