Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Week 12

Week 12 is here! It's been an eventful week and weekend, I entertained family from out of town. This means there was a lot of walking around doing fun tourist-y things around the city. It was tiring but fun and painless.

Back at home on several occasions I kept mindlessly covering my foot. My husband quietly brought this to my attention as I started to burrow my foot into the couch cushion. I couldn't believe myself! After everything that's happened the past 3 months!! LOL! Force of habit.

Anyway here are some new pictures:






My scar is very flat to the touch. It's painless and the redness is actually the mark left by the silicone sheet which I've cut in half because the thin scar doesn't need all 1.5 inches of width. The sheets are very easy to use and I forget I'm wearing them :).




Oh and I finally hung out in the pool! It was long overdue since we're halfway into summer already! I'm still wearing my tennis shoes although I tried to cheat and wear some sandals out but it feels A LOT more secure/supporting for now to wear the tennis shoes. And I'm still using the bone stim.

So that's pretty much it! It's going pretty great & I'll keep posting scar updates. Have a great week everyone and have a great 4th of July!

7 comments:

  1. Your foot looks amazing!! I think your scar is looking great, too!! How's the flexibility in your toes?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! The flexibility gets better every day. I'm constantly wiggling my toes and I've started picking small things up off the floor with my toes. I don't have full control of the 4th toe yet but it wiggles with the rest! And even the rest don't bend as far down as they used to but I'm sure they will once the swelling is 100% gone :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your foot looks fantastic! No one would ever guess that you used to have a brachy toe! I've heard of others who sometimes "forgot" that their toe was corrected, and found themselves hiding it at times. We have to expect it after so many years. Congratulations on an amazing outcome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you thank you thank you!!! It's so crazy, that "exposed" feeling. I'll probably have it forever!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't say it enough.. What a fab outcome!! Wish mine looks as good when I'm done! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you and I can't wait to see your finished product!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi im from houston I have the same problem. On the opposite foot. Does anybody know a place in houston and how much does this surgery cost?

    ReplyDelete