Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Week 14


Here are some pictures comparing toe flexion. As you can see, I am sloooowly starting to bend the 4th toe with the others and even the others are able to bend further down. I'm attributing this to the reduced swelling.   It's nowhere near my pre-surgery flexibility or my left foot's flexibility but I'm hoping to get there eventually. If  I don't get there I'll still be 100% fine with it! Anyway, it's bending more than I thought it would considering it's only been 4 weeks since the fixator was removed! All pics were taken with me bending my toes with all of my might.
Trying to bend!

Comparing left & right foot flexibility

Here's a scar update pic:

Starting week 4 with ScarAway

My scar was feeling a little sting-y today when I got home from work because I did a lot more walking than usual. The stinging didn't last long :). Other than that there isn't much else to report on so that's it for now! Thanks for following ;)


7 comments:

  1. Love the pictures, your foot is definitely getting more flexible! I still walk with a little "hiccup" since my fourth toe doesn't want to bend, how about you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks friend! I try to walk as normal as possible but I still limp when I'm tired. My toe bends when I use a finger to bend it or while walking, I just don't have complete "internal" control over it which feels so weird lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking good! With time I'm sure you will be able to regain the flexibility but look how much already it's improved. Thanks so much for updating!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey I live in Houston as well and plan on getting this surgery after volleyball season this year can you please tell me what doctor you used and where they are located? I been looking for a doctor to use for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I sure can! His name is Dr. Nagler; he's located in the Medical Center/Museum District. Here's his info:
    Nagler Foot Center
    1200 Binz Street, Suite 1275
    Houston, Texas 77004
    Phone: 713-529-1010

    Let me know if you need anything else :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. How is your flexibility with your toe now? I have a limp now because my toe doesn't want to bend and I'm really thinking about not getting the other toe done now..

    ReplyDelete