Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Week 13

Getting back into the groove!

I'm back at the office and it's been going great! My job is pretty tame so it's not really a major transition. My coworkers have been great and they threw a welcome back party for me! It was so sweet. It's good to be back. And to my surprise my sleeping pattern returned to normal immediately but then again I've never had sleep issues.

I'm still wearing my tennies. I've ventured out in flip flops twice this week after work and have done well with them since they're cushy. But for the most part the tennies are on my feet. They look funny with my business attire but oh well! Also, I wear my bone stim at my desk and sometimes walk around with it on to stir up my coworkers LOL!

Here's a picture of my scar starting week 3 of ScarAway:


The scar is 1.5 inches long and it's totally flat. Before I used the sheets I could tell that the scar was starting to sink in but it has now smoothed out. It's hard to believe this is the same foot that looked tattered and bruised just a few months ago. 

So that's it for now. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. This whole experience is still fresh in my mind. I'm glad I have this blog to look back on once I start to forget what I went through. And if you're going through a rough time in your recovery please remember that everything heals eventually. We are much stronger than we think. And like I said, this is the same foot that looked like a discolored zombie foot a few months ago: 


I'll be posting more pics and maybe a video showing toe flexibility. Have a great week and weekend everyone!


8 comments:

  1. I can't wait to be where you're at! I wish I could fast-forward through the hard parts!! I need to keep reminding myself that I can get through this and my foot will heal. Your pics are the proof! Thanks for sharing your experience. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking great! Glad you are doing so well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How did you start walking with your external fixator? didn't it hurt? I'm on week 10 with the fixator still in place...and honestly i'm losing morale...fast! today the doctor said I could start putting some weight on my fixated foot.So I tried when I got home, and I'm pretty sure i've forgotten how to walk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there! It's gonna take some practice. It didn't hurt to walk with the fixator because I didn't push myself; I'm very paranoid and cautious and took everything slowly. If you get a chance check out this youtube video Anita made showing her first steps with the fixator on her foot. It helped me tremendously to understand that I'm not gonna be walking normally right away or even for a while after. Try using only your heel at first :)

      Copy&Paste the link into your browser:

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=geMUfl7FOYc

      Delete